Step Six: Applying for Licensure
- Your application for a new initial educator license will be processed through the EXCEL Center after you have successfully completed all act! program requirements.
- Download the Initial In-State Teaching #PI1602 IS license.
- Fill it out completely and send or hand deliver with the proper remittance to:
- Your candidacy is reviewed by the appropriate credit examiner(s) and provided to the certifying officer for final endorsement.
- The Certifying Officer for the act! program, Dr. Michael Beeth, must sign your license application form before it can be submitted to the Department of Public Instruction.
- The application will be sent on to DPI for processing unless you note otherwise. Check out the DPI website. Click on Educator Licensing for information regarding completing the application on-line, checking the status of your application, renewing a teaching license, and other licensing information.
Dr. Michael Beeth
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
COEHS - NE 113
800 Algoma Blvd
Oshkosh, WI 54901-8662
Please be aware that NO licenses can be processed until a portfolio is successfully completed and student teaching grades are submitted and entered into your UW Oshkosh permanent record.