UW-Fox Valley Logo

Types of Aid

Need Based Programs

In order to receive need-based aid, you must demonstrate eligibility by completing and filing the FAFSA


Grants are need-based aid and do not need to be repaid (unless the student withdraws from school prior to a specified date). The amount of grant will depend on the financial need, availability of funds and specific federal, state, and institutional awarding policies.

  • Pell Grants - Federal Grant
  • Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (SEOG) - Federal Grant
  • Wisconsin Higher Education Grants (WHEG) - State Grant
  • Indian Grants are available to students who are at least X percent native American
  • Talent Incentive Program grants (TIP) are available to disadvantaged Wisconsin residents based on specific eligibility criteria.
  • Wisconsin Handicapped Grants are state awards for Wisconsin residents who have an auditory or visual impairment.
  • Minority Grants are available through the UW System for WI residents who are of African-American, Hispanic, Native American, or Southeast Asian heritage. These grants are based on both financial need and academic merit.

Non-Need Based Programs

Financial aid programs not based on need are also available. You must complete and file the FAFSA


Scholarships are available through the University of Wisconsin Fox Valley Foundation and from other private sources. Scholarships are awarded in the following categories:

  • New Students
  • Continuing Students
  • Departing Students

Eligibility for the scholarships and awards for these scholarships are determined in accordance with the individual scholarship criteria.

Individuals inquiring about the scholarship program should refer to the Scholarship page.


Loans are awards that must be repaid. These loans do not accrue interest or require repayment until the student is no longer enrolled at least half time.

  • Federal Perkins Loan
  • Subsidized Stafford Loan


These loans do not require a financial aid need. Unlike the need-based loans, these loans accrue interest while the student is in school

  • Parent Plus Loan
  • Unsubsidized Stafford Loan


The Federal Work Study Program provides part-time employment opportunities on campus. Work-study jobs are posted on the web page.

Non-federal student employment is available on campus on a limited basis. Financial need is not a requirement. Regular student employment jobs are posted on the web page.

Financial Aid Specialist Contact Info

Kathy Gilmore
Student Affairs