What can I expect from a typical session in the Developmental Math Lab?
Different students use the Developmental Math Lab in different ways to best meet their needs. Students use the lab to get:
- Help ranging from a few homework problems to whole concepts
- Group assignments corrected and errors reviewed
- Supplementary handouts / extra practice problems
- review packets for exams
- Review sessions for exams for Math 091
- An opportunity to meet students taking the same class to help build a support system
- A meeting place to use for math study groups
Remember, whatever way you choose to use the lab, you can earn extra credit!
Note that the Developmental Math Lab is not intended to be a substitute for attending class. If you miss class, you should:
- Read the book
- Get notes from a classmate or the instructor
- Try the homework problems
- THEN visit the Developmental Math Lab to get help
How long can I stay in the lab?
You can work in the Developmental Math lab as long as you like during the time the lab is open
Can I eat in the lab?
Feel free to eat in the lab; just make sure to clean up everything after yourself.