Admission Requirements for New Freshman
If you’re a new freshman applicant to UWFox, you need to satisfy the following minimum requirements to be considered for admission.
- Graduate from a recognized high school, obtain a GED, or present other evidence of an ability to begin college-level work.
- Take the ACT as well as the English and math placement tests (some applicants may be required to submit scores prior to an admission decision).
- Complete the necessary prerequisite coursework listed below.
Core Requirements (13 credits)
- 4 credits English (composition, literature and/or speech)
- 3 credits Math* (algebra, geometry, and higher)
- 3 credits Social Science
- 3 credits Natural Science**
Elective Requirements (4 credits)
- Electives can be courses in foreign language, computer science, fine arts, or any other academic areas.
- Applied courses (Tech Prep/Vocational) will be accepted on an individual basis.
* Applicants who complete Applied Math II, geometry, and advanced algebra may be deemed to have satisfied the math requirement.
** One year of Principles of Technology will equate to one credit of Physical/General Science. Two years of Principles of Technology will equate to one credit of Physics.
All admissions/registrations are subject to enrollment limits. For questions or additional information regarding admission requirements, please contact:
Student Affairs at: 920-832-2620