- FREE FOR BARLOW MEMBERS!
BOX OFFICE HOURS
ASTC PASS PROGRAM RESTRICTIONS
1) Based on your science center’s or museum’s location: Science centers/museums located within 90 miles of each other are excluded from the Travel Passport Program unless that exclusion is lifted by mutual agreement.
2) Based on residence: To receive Travel Passport Program benefits, you must live more than 90 miles away from the center/museum you wish to visit. Admissions staff reserve the right to request proof of residence for benefits to apply. Science centers and museums requesting proof of residence are marked by (Check IDs).
Saturday, August 2, 2014, 12:00 to 9:00 pm (Sunset at 8:17 pm)
Get the full Barlow astronomy experience: planetarium shows and telescopes all on one astronomy-packed evening.
PLEASE NOTE REGARDING BARLOW FAMILY ASTRONOMY NIGHT
For visitors who have an established interest in astronomy and space, the Barlow Planetarium presents feature shows on astronomy and space topics.
July 2 - August 31, 2014
Based on the popular book and website of the same name, Bad Astronomy offers a unique and fun approach to learning about the cosmos. Join the Bad Astronomer Phil Plait as he takes a critical look at popular myths and misconceptions to show audiences how science can be used to evaluate questionable claims. Each show concludes with a tour of the current nighttime sky – stars, constellations and planets – as seen from the Fox Valley and Northeast Wisconsin.
For the visitors that are young and young-at-heart that are looking for a light, fun and educational astronomy experience, the Barlow Planetarium presents family shows on astronomy.
May 3 - July 31, 2014
Larry Cat In Space is a playful, imaginative cartoon presentation about an inquisitive cat who takes a trip to the Moon to be reunited with his astronaut owner. This fun and educating program is a hit with both children, parents and anyone who wants to learn a more about the Moon. Each show concludes with a tour of the current nighttime sky – stars, constellations and planets – as seen from the Fox Valley and Northeast Wisconsin.
August 2 - October 2, 2014
PLEASE NOTE: The Barlow will be closed
September 1-12 for maintenance!
Grab your tour map and climb aboard our AstroTours bus driven by Tachyon - a slightly wacky tour guide - who really knows his stellar evolution! Visit nebulae to see star formation. See stars of all different colors - red dwarf, blue/white giant, red supergiant, yellow - and discover what the colors mean. End your tour with a visit to an average looking yellow star that had unnatural radio signals coming from its third planet - could it be intelligent life? Each show concludes with a tour of the current nighttime sky – stars, constellations and planets – as seen from the Fox Valley and Northeast Wisconsin.
COMING SOON - FAMILY SHOWS
October 4, 2014
For the visitors that are young and young-at-heart that are looking for a light, fun and educational music laser experience, the Barlow Planetarium presents family laser shows.
FAMILY LASER SHOWS WILL RETURN IN OCTOBER 2014!
Planetariums offered the very first form of virtual reality. However, to get the full astronomy experience, everyone should spend time under and observing the real sky as well. Barlow Family Astronomy Night offers such an experience. Each month on the Saturday evening on or after the First Quarter Moon, the Barlow offers the current family show at 6:00 pm and the current feature show at 7:00 pm.
After each show, weather permitting, Barlow astronomers (laser pointers at the ready) and telescopes are available for showing you the real nighttime sky. Expect to see Moon, planets (when available), constellations, star clusters and nebulae. Telescope viewing is free with admission to any the Barlow shows.
Program time: 6:00 - 9:00 pm
Telescope Viewing: 7:00 - 9:00 pm (weather permitting)
PLEASE NOTE FOR BARLOW FAMILY ASTRONOMY NIGHT
- SINCE ALL SHOWS ARE NOT AGE APPROPRIATE FOR ALL VISITORS, EACH OF THE SHOWS IS PRICED INDIVIDUALLY.
- FOR VISITORS WHO ARE INTERESTED IN SEEING ALL THE SHOWS THERE ARE MULTIPLE SHOW DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE AT THE BOX OFFICE.
- August 2, 2014 (sunset 8:17 pm)
- September 6, 2013 (sunset 7:21 pm)
- October 4, 2014 (sunset 6:29 pm)
- November 29, 2014 (sunset 4:17 pm)
- December 27, 2013 (sunset 4:21 pm)