The IT Helpdesk gives all students, faculty, and staff a helpful first point of contact with the Instructional Technology Department. Our goal is to provide you with the resources needed to solve problems on your own. If assistance is required, members of our Help Desk team will point you in the right direction. If your issue cannot be solved by the Help Desk, you’ll be referred to a specialist within the IT Department.
We provide an array of services, including:
- Basic support for computing, audio/visual, and distance education
- The necessary online forms to request equipment, repairs, and network account changes
- Online FAQs, manuals, and tutorials that empower users to self-troubleshoot
- Equipment delivery and repair
- Media duplication
IT Helpdesk Hours (During Semester)
- Monday-Thursday: 7:30 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
- Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturdays & Sundays: No Help Desk service available
Computer Lab Hours (During Semester)
- Lab 1015 is always open - based on building hours
- Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m.-9:30 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Saturdays & Sundays: Lab 1015. All other labs are closed.
Computer lab hours vary during semester breaks, summer, etc. Not all labs are always available.
Campus Computing Policies & Publications
- UW Colleges Technology Policies
- UWFox Campus IT Plan (or in PDF format)
- UWFox Web Policy (or in PDF format)
- Help Desk Assistant Forms and Information
If you experience a problem with a computer on campus, please have your username and the machine ID (the number on top of the campus computer) ready before calling.
For questions or additional information, please contact:
IT Help Desk