FAQ - Computing
Problem: I'm receiving messages from the "Network Administrator" that my mail account is full.
- Student mail accounts are currently limited to 5mb of storage space.
- Delete as much email as possible. You then need to empty your "Deleted Items" folder.
- Select all the items in your "Deleted Items" folder, then click on the delete icon.
- If you still receive daily messages from the Network Administrator, repeat step 2.
Problem: I'm using Outlook but I don't see an icon for "Public Folders".
- By default Outlook only shows you what is called the "Outlook Bar". The "Outlook Bar" is the list of icons you see in the left-hand side of Outlook. Unfortunately no link to the Public Folders shows.
- The easiest way to get access to the Public Folders is to change your view from the "Outlook Bar" to the "Folder View". To do this click on the the "View" menu, then on "Folder View".
- After you've activated the "Folder View" you should see "Public Folders" listed on the bottom.
- Click on "Public Folders" to expand the view.
Problem: I try to get logged into my computer, but it says "access denied", or "invalid username/password"
- Make sure that you don't have the NUM Lock key on. Passwords are case-sensitive.
- Make sure you properly typed your username. (i.e. dale.thibodeau, or dajthib4 for a student)
- Check to make sure your network cable is properly connected to your computer. Typically a network cable is blue or gray and has a plug on the end that resembles a telephone plug, only larger.
- Most network cards have a light on it called a "link" light. Check to make sure that the link light is lighted. If it isn't, then you don't have a proper connection to our networking equipment, or your network card is not functioning properly.
- If you have gone through the proper steps of troubleshooting and still cannot login, please call the Help Desk.
- To change a password you will need to go to...