How do you become a UWFox Ambassador?
Students are nominated by Faculty, Staff or other Ambassadors.
These nominations may be sent to Senior Student Affairs Coordinator, Tammy Brunette at (920) 832-2633 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Knowledge of the campus layout (A tour will be given to all incoming ambassadors)
- Exemplary social and communication skills
- UWFox “pride”
- Desire to advocate for UWFox
- Good academic standing – 2.75 GPA or higher
- Commitment to represent UWFox well
- Have minimum of two semesters remaining at time of application
- Give campus tours to prospective students
- Assist guests at large campus events (i.e. WEF, EATS, FOCUS, College Preview, & Commencement)
- Promote university and campus events
- Help to ease concerns of new and prospective students – make them feel “at home”
- Make a friendly, memorable first impression on campus guests
- Act as responsible and exemplary representatives of the University of Wisconsin Fox Valley.
- Attend monthly meetings, which will be announced before the start of the semester.
- Respond to e-mail requests within 24 hours.
What benefits do students realize as a result of being an ambassador?
- Excellent resume builder
- Good networking opportunities
- Opens door within the university system
- Affords opportunities to get involved on campus
- Leadership opportunities
- Refine presentation skills
The application to become an ambassador can found here.