A positive early childhood environment sets the stage for later learning. We offer opportunities to allow children to build on their level of understanding.
- Mastering large and small motor skills
- Awareness of five senses
- Developing healthy self image
- Mastering more independence and self help
- Self expression skills
- Developing healthy social relationships
- Respecting diversity
- Relationships in place, size, weight, numbers, letters, etc..
- Clarification of color, geometric spaces, family, animals, foods, etc..
- Exploring language, art, drama, music, science, literature
- Encouraging curiosity and problem solving
- Enhancing creativity in play and thought
The University Children's Center has recently been named a five star quality program through the Wisconsin YoungStar Rating System. This quality rating system is based on four key quality indicators:
- Educational qualifications of the director and teachers.
- Learning environment and curriculum (accreditation, lesson plans, WI Model Early Learning Standards, measurement and use of individual child outcome and scores on national proven observation tools)
- Professional practices (business practices, staff benefits and parental involvement)
- Health and well-being (health, nutrition activities, ability to address needs of children with special needs and the capacity to address child abuse and neglect)