The Weis hosts numerous temporary exhibits and displays throughout the year. We currently have special cases devoted to mineral spheres from around the world, trilobite fossils from Morocco, a new fluorite collection from classic Illinois localities, and samplings from other newly acquired mineral collections.
LOVE THE LEDGE! This mini-exhibit highlights the geology and history of the Niagara Escarpment. It includes a game to see if you can match photos of the ledge to their location.
There are exhibits for visitors of all ages at the Weis, including many hands-on and interactive displays.
- Move continents
- Make an earthquake
- Shoot off a quarry blast
- Make it rain
- And much more...
Visit our “Dinosaur Den” to discover
- A life-size skull replica of Stan, the Tyrannosaurus rex
- A thigh bone of a duck-bill dinosaur that you can touch
Explore Mines & Minerals
- Walk through a lead-mine tunnel
- Explore Wisconsin's mining history
- Discover how Native Americans mined copper
- Learn how we use rocks and minerals
- Marvel at beautiful minerals