UW-Fox Valley Hosts Open House for "Returning Adult Students"
[This page is preserved for historical and reference purposes only. The information contained on it may no longer be current.]
The University of Wisconsin-Fox Valley has announced that it is hosting a special event for adults interested in finding out more about earning a college degree through the Menasha campus. The "Open House and Transfer Information Night" is being held on Tuesday, April 29, from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. on the UWFox campus. The event is free and open to the public, and is being held in the Emeritus Room.
Jeff Mueller and Jill Gordee, Adult Student Services Advisors at UWFox, are hosting the event. "It's a great opportunity for adults - anyone over 22 years of age, in this case - to find out about how to obtain a UW degree. Interested individuals can take a big step toward fulfilling their dream of earning a UW degree by attending this Open House. Those who should attend are adult students currently enrolled in a college degree program and those who wish to learn more about the opportunities available for them."
"In addition to finding out about how to get the best start toward a UW degree at UWFox, those who join us can also find out about our collaborative four-year degree programs…how they can earn a bachelor's degree without ever having to leave our campus," Mueller offers. "There are a lot of adults working full-time or have families to take care of, that are 'place-bound'…they don't have the time to spend commuting to a campus outside the Fox Cities, to attend classes while they work on a degree. We have a range of options here at UWFox - including late afternoon and evening classes - that adults can take a look at to see if they fit their needs," Mueller explains.
"We'll have staff members from UWFox explaining our own programs. The big bonus to this special night is that we'll also have campus representatives from UW Oshkosh, UW-Platteville, UW-Stout, UW-Green Bay, and the Bellin School of Nursing present and available to meet with those who want more information about their respective programs," Mueller said.
Representatives from the respective campuses are expected to provide information about:
- UW-Fox Valley, offering general education classes for transfer into many four-year degrees; an Associate of Arts and Sciences Degree; certificate in Business, International Studies or Environmental Studies; a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering (through UW-Platteville), a B.L.S. in Organizational Management (through UW Oshkosh).
- The Bellin College of Nursing, presenting their Bachelor of Science in Nursing, with general education courses toward that degree available at UWFox.
- UW-Green Bay offering an "Extended Degree Program," with flexibility that leads to a Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies; general education courses for this program are available at UWFox.
- UW-Green Bay explaining their "Professional Nursing Program," with a completion program for Registered Nurses who already hold a two-year nursing degree; or, students may take general education courses on the UWFox campus toward the nursing degree.
- UW-Green Bay offering a degree in social work, a B.S.W., with general education classes for the degree available at UWFox.
- UW Oshkosh College of Education and Human Services presenting a Bachelor of Science degrees in Elementary, Secondary, Special Education, and in Human Services; the general education classes may be taken at UWFox before transferring to UWO.
- UW Oshkosh Weekend and Evening Degree Program offering Bachelor's degrees in Liberal Studies, Organizational Administration, and Business Administration; general education courses for the B.L.S. and the B.A. can taken at UWFox, while the entire O.A. degree is available at UWFox.
- UW-Platteville presenting their Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (B.S.M.E.), available entirely at the UWFox campus.
- UW-Stout offering a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Management for those individuals who have an A.S. or an A.A.S. in a technical field; the general education courses can be taken at UWFox, with the professional courses available at Fox Valley Technical College.
- UW-Stout sharing information on a Bachelor of Science Degree in Service Management, that allows for the general education courses to be taken at UWFox and the professional courses at FVTC.
For more information about the UW-Fox Valley Open House and Transfer Information Night, contact Jeff Mueller at 920-832-2620 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Jill Gordee at 920-832-2661 or email at email@example.com. The campus is located at 1478 Midway Road, between S. Oneida St. on the east, S. Appleton Road on the west, just south of Hwy. 441. Free parking is available on the west side of the campus.