UWFox Hosts Wellness Fair
[This page is preserved for historical and reference purposes only. The information contained on it may no longer be current.]
The University of Wisconsin – Fox Valley is hosting its annual Wellness Fair, on Wednesday, April 7, 1999, from 9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. The event is being staged in the Main Hallway on the campus at UWFox. The event is being sponsored by UWFox’s Wellness Alliance.
Wendy Seegers, campus Coordinator for alcohol or drug related education (AODE), states that goal of the Spring, 1999 Wellness Fair is "to promote healthy lifestyle choices through health education and prevention information."
The Wellness Fair is slated to have a wide range of representation from groups that have information to offer about healthy lifestyle choices and their own programs designed to help educate individuals.
Groups and organizations scheduled to be represented at the Wellness Fair, as of this writing, include:
- AIDS Resource Center HIV/AIDS information
- Woman Kind reproductive health
- Reach Counseling Services mental health/healing
- Planned Parenthood contraception, sexually transmitted diseases, cancer
- Community Blood Center blood pressure screening
- United Behavioral Health mental health/parenting
- AMC Sleep Disorder Center sleep disorders
- Newcare Chiropractic chiropractic information, drawing, massage
- Children’s Service Society adoption, parenting
- American Heart Association brochures about healthy lifestyles
- YMCA body fat testing and blood pressure screening
- Regional Domestic Abuse Services domestic violence
- Acupuncture and Herb Center acupuncture demonstrations, herbal medicines
- American Cancer Society cancer prevention information
The UWFox Wellness Fair is free and open to students, faculty, staff and the general public. Booths and tables representing each group are expected to provide easy access and identification for each of the presenters.
The University of Wisconsin – Fox Valley is located at 1478 Midway Road, Menasha, between S. Oneida St. on the east, Appleton Road on the west, and just south of Hwy. #441. There is free parking on the west side of the campus building.
For more information, contact:
Wendy Seegers, AODE Coordinator, 920-832-2820
Jeff Kuepper, Student Activities Coordinator, 920-832-2671