The Weis hosts numerous temporary displays throughout the year. We currently have special cases devoted to mineral spheres from around the world, a fluorite collection from classic Illinois localities, and samplings from other newly acquired mineral collections.
LOVE THE LEDGE!
This mini-exhibit highlights the geology and history of the Niagara Escarpment. It includes a game to see if you can match photos of the ledge to their location.
There are exhibits for visitors of all ages at the Weis, including many hands-on and interactive displays.
- move continents
- make an earthquake
- shoot off a quarry blast
- make it rain
- and much more...
Visit our “Dinosaur Den” to discover
- one of the best dinosaur nests on exhibit anywhere
- a life-size skull replica of Stan, the Tyrannosaurus rex
- a thigh bone of a duck-bill dinosaur that you can touch
- a complete Psittacosaurus with stone in its gizzard
Explore Mines & Minerals
- walk through a lead-mine tunnel
- explore Wisconsin's mining history
- discover how Native Americans mined copper
- learn how we use rocks and minerals
- marvel at beautiful minerals